Losing it...

There are quite a few things I could be talking about...my mind...my keys.....my job....

But this time time I'm talking about the double chin... the arms that keep waving even when I have stopped...the spare tire...do you get the drift? This is my attempt to make some positive lifestyle changes. I'm holding my own "biggest loser" challenge, and while competing against myself I can't help but win right?

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Good News Or The Bad

Well the bad news is I have been a little bit bad at some of my goals. The whole curfew thing has been blown out the window this week. And along with those late nights has come the breaking of my no snacking after 8 rule.

On the up side I have been impressed with my own ability to follow the eating LESS rule. I find that amazingly I am actually FULL after only half as much food, and even then sometimes I don't eat everything I put on my plate.

One of the biggest hurdles that I think most Americans probably have to leap, is getting over the mindset that we HAVE to eat all our food. It was ground into our brains as children and, I don't know about you, but we got in trouble if we didn't eat our food. Now in the days when we have eyes bigger than our tummy's, and are fed consistently larger portions at restaurants, we forget that we don't actually have to eat it all.

Somewhere once I read that if you go out to eat, ask for a to go box when they bring your meal, and immediately place half your meal in it. Then eat whats left, you'll be surprised that you are actually full, especially if you filled up on bread, chips or other appetizers. And BONUS!!! You now have lunch for tomorrow!

1 comment: