Losing it...

There are quite a few things I could be talking about...my mind...my keys.....my job....

But this time time I'm talking about the double chin... the arms that keep waving even when I have stopped...the spare tire...do you get the drift? This is my attempt to make some positive lifestyle changes. I'm holding my own "biggest loser" challenge, and while competing against myself I can't help but win right?

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tips for a Healthy Heart


I picked up the February edition of the Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Inside were some great tips for a healthier heart, and since its (almost in a couple days) February and thus Valentines Day, we could all buff up our hearts a little. Here are some of my favorites:

1- Twice daily meditation sessions increase blood vessel dilation by 21%.
2-Napping 20 min, 3 times a week will lessen your likelihood of dying of heart disease.
3- Holding hands slows your heart rate by 5 beats per minute, reducing stress.
4- DROP TEN POUNDS and thwart the likelihood of develpoing type 2 diabetes and related heart complications. Yay me!
5- 30 point difference in blood pressure between those who are lonely and those who are not- so make a new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment